Tuesday, April 07, 2009

August 4, 2008 on Leech Lake

We arrived home around 2 p.m. this afternoon after spending the past four days at the Lake Itasca State Park where we had gathered for the Coyle Family Reunion.

After unloading the truck and grabbing a quick bite to eat, I hustled out to the boat to do a little fishing. It had been several days since I'd been on Leech Lake, and I was anxious to get back at it.

I hit the water at 3:30 p.m. under sunny skies, a temperature right around 80 degrees, winds out of the south at 5-8 mph and a water temperature of 77 degrees. I trolled from the Birches past Second Duck Point using a jointed Shad Rap in a perch color, and caught several perch. I kept none of the perch and didn't hook a walleye. I went to shore at 5:30 p.m.

Great to be back on Leech Lake.

No comments: