Monday, April 27, 2009

October 10, 2008 on Leech Lake

Today the temperature hit only 41 degrees and there was a hard, steady rain all day long. Fall is definitely here. The wind was at 8 mph out of the NW.

Despite the rain, the cold and dark skies, I decided I'd do some later afternoon fishing. I hit the water at 4:00 p.m.

I drifted off the Birches along the weed line using a jig/spinner tipped with a live fathead minnow (I picked up a couple of scoops yesterday). I caught no fish.

I switched to trolling a Minnow Rap and again was skunked. It was very cold on Leech Lake as the sun was sinking low, so I decided I'd head to shore at 5:25 p.m.

Once on shore I cleaned the walleye that I had caught on Oct. 7, and Kathleen and I had it for dinner. Nothing beats a fresh Leech Lake walleye dinner.

Tomorrow is the annual Otter Tail Peninsula Association potluck dinner at the Community Center. Since purchasing our house in 2001, I've yet to miss a potluck dinner -- this will be my eighth.


My boat on the lift at the cabin. The reeds, like the leaves on the trees, have turned yellow.

No comments: