Saturday, May 02, 2009

November 13, 2008

Kathleen and I went into Bemidji today for one last day of errands before we leave for California next week. We mailed some boxes of stuff to our house in San Jose -- it's cheaper and more efficient than bringing it with us on the plane -- then we stopped at L&M Fleet to pick up a variety of supplies and finally we stopped at Lueken's Village Foods to get our last batch of groceries.

Before we left for town this afternoon, I started a crock pot of chili. I'm sure I won't be able to eat it all before we leave (it has meat in it so Kathleen won't eat it) so I'll freeze much of it for meals when I visit during my ice fishing trip in February.

When we arrived home, we unloaded the groceries, ate dinner, enjoyed a fire in the fireplace while listening to the Steve Kimock Band on CD.

The temperature today was near 40 degrees, it was rainy and overcast all day long and the wind was 8-12 mph out of the SW.

No comments: