Friday, October 02, 2009

October 2, 2009 -- On Leech Lake

Tomorrow I'm planning on driving down to St. Cloud to see Kathleen's mom. I'll clean the walleye I caught a couple of days ago and take the fillets down with me. After church on Sunday I'll cook us up a little Minnesota fish fry. I'm sure Marge will enjoy that.

It is once again gray and wet this morning, although the wind has calmed down a little. Under very cloudy, dark skies, the temperature is 40 degrees and the wind is out of the NE at 12-15 mph. It looks as if it could rain at any time.

I got out on the water at 12:3o p.m. today in less than ideal conditions. The wind was strong at 15-20 mph out of the NNE, the lake was covered in white caps, the temperature was a chilly 44 degrees and the dark sky spit a stinging rain on and off. I made only one pass from Malay's south past Second Duck Point before calling it quits. It was cold, wet, difficult to maneuver the boat, and worse still, I got no bites.

I spent most of the afternoon on business calls and doing work online before having and early dinner. I watched a movie and went to bed around 11:30 p.m. The temperature at that time was 40 degrees, and the wind was still howling at 20 mph from the NE. A cold night on the shores of Leech Lake.

No comments: