Saturday, November 28, 2009

Photo/Album: Post 1

Most of my posts to this site happen while I'm actually at Leech Lake. Now that I'm in California, I'm only able to reminisce about being on the water (open or hard) and enjoy the many photos I've taken while at Leech Lake.

Until I make my next visit to Minnesota's third biggest lake I thought I'd occasionally post photos from past visits. In addition, I'm going to post an album that I'm particularly fond of, just 'cause.

So here's the first of my "photo/album" posts.

PHOTO


Here's a photo of our dock, boat lift and boat as seen from the dock at our house. Countless times each open-water season I make my way next door to our cabin, walk down the dock, climb into the boat, lower it into the water and go fishing. Since it's an activity that plays a predominate role in my life while I'm at Leech Lake, it's the first photo in this series.

ALBUM


The Grateful Dead album American Beauty is one of my all-time favorite albums. It contains some of Jerry Garcia's finest songwriting, singing and guitar playing, and it holds a special place in my heart and soul. If you haven't listened to this album, start with this live version of Ripple and move on from there -- "a ripple in still water."

No comments: