Friday, May 24, 2013

At Leech Lake -- May 21, 2013

Today's weather can best be described as grey and wet. It was raining when I woke up this morning, and rained steadily until right up to sunset. The temperature hit maybe 65 degrees and the wind was variable from 8-15 mph out of the ENE.

Depsite the rain, Kathleen, Rick and I decided to take a hike back in our woods. We donned our rain gear and took a very long hike along the trails in our woods, and eventually down the road, across some very soggy land back to the old Indian cabin that sits on the shoreline of Second Duck Point.

Along the shore was a very large pile of ice, some of the only ice left from when it retreated from the lake on May 15.

About 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon my parents arrived for a 5-day stay. We spent about an hour chatting and catching up at the house before my dad and I made our way next door to the cabin where I helped him unload their luggage and got them set up in their respective rooms.

I grilled some chicken for dinner and then we all went to bed early.

No fishing today, and the boat lift and docks are still not in, but the word is that Shore Brothers will be out on Thursday to put in the docks for everyone along this stretch of Ottertail Peninsula.

No comments: