Wednesday, November 26, 2008

May 30, 2008

Rick and I again focused our walleye fishing tactics by trolling crankbaits near sunset. There was a light rain falling, the temperature was 60 degrees, the water temp was 57.7 degrees, and the winds were at 10 mph from the NW. There was very heavy cloud cover.

Using a purpledescent Minnow Rap, Rick caught walleyes of 12", 16", and 21". I used my old stand by, the hot steel Minnow Rap, and caught two walleyes that taped out at 12", and others at 16", 16 1/2", 20" and 23". This highlighted link will take you to an In-Fisherman video of Doug Stange and Mark Fisher casting and trolling with the Rapala Minnow Rap, which for my money is the best walleye crankbait on the market. All in all, Rick and I had another great evening of walleye fishing on Leech Lake's Sucker Bay.

Here's Rick with another nice walleye.

No comments: