Tuesday, April 28, 2009

October 12, 2008 on Leech Lake

Kathleen and I attended the rescheduled Otter Tail Peninsula Association potluck at 1:00 p.m. this afternoon at the Community Center. There were approximately 45 of our friends and neighbors in attendance. Even though many of us spend a lot of time on the Peninsula, we don't always get to see each other and have an opportunity to catch up. The potluck is always an occasion to connect with people with whom we might not otherwise see.

We got home by 3:15 p.m. or so, and by 3:45 p.m. I was out on Leech Lake fishing. Even though the sky was overcast and grey, and even though it was drizzly, it felt balmy outside today. The temperature was 60 degrees and the wind was light at 8 mph from the SE. The water temperature was 53 degrees.

I drifted along Second Duck Point and the Birches using a jig/spinner combo tipped with a live fathead minnow. I caught no fish. I switched to trolling a Minnow Rap in 10-12 feet of water at a speed of 1.8 to 2.5 mph, but again, caught no fish. At 5:20 p.m. I went back to the cabin.

Kathleen and I had a nice dinner and listened to Pipedreams from American Public Media on KCRB 88.5 out of Bemidji.


The sun is trying to peak through the overcast October sky over Sucker Bay, Leech Lake.

No comments: