Tuesday, April 28, 2009

October 15, 2008 -- Fallen Trees

It was very windy today -- 15-20 mph out of the WNW -- so I decided to stay on shore and take a long walk in the woods. During my hike I discovered that our neighbor's troubled 14-year-old-son cut down three trees on my property. I knew it was him because I had seen him and his friend enter our property a couple of days ago carrying what looked to be an axe, but for the life of me I never expected that they would cut down perfectly healthy trees.

I contacted the boy's parents, and they couldn't have handled the situation better. The end result was that the boy and his friend would come up the next weekend and chop the fallen trees into firewood for me. The boy, his friend and my neighbors all apologized and I hope the boy learned from his mistake.

The temperature today was 46 degrees. No fishing today.


Tom Malay with one of the trees the neighbor's boy cut down.



No comments: