Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Shore Brothers/Boat Lift Update

Per my original post on June 5, 2012 I want to issue a retraction, and an apology to Shore Brothers, particularly its owner Mark.

I was frustrated that I was having trouble getting the boat off the lift despite the lake's water level being at or near normal. Last year, with the lake at similar levels I had no problem moving my boat on and off the lift with ease.

What I failed to understand is that with the unusual thaw/freeze/thaw cycle this spring, the lake bottom was significantly altered along Sucker Bay. As a result, Mark, and Shore Brothers, made the correct call by adjusting the lift accordingly. So despite the lake level being normal, the lift is having troubling dropping the boat low enough to get it to float.

This was not an adjustment issue by Shore Brothers. I want to let it be known that Shore Brothers is a quality outfit run by honest, hardworking people. They do the best job of putting in and taking out docks and boat lifts in the Leech Lake area.

Should you happen to read this post, I recommend giving them a call for all of your all of your lake and shoreline needs.

No comments: