Saturday, February 07, 2009

June 27, 2008

We woke up this morning to very ominous skies, dark clouds, winds out of the WSW at 15 mph, gusting to more than 20 mph, and temperatures of 72 degrees. The lake was churning with white caps and was an eerie color green. The National Weather Service issued severe thunderstorm warnings for our area and they were right!

We had a good amount of rain on and off during the day, with a couple of good old-fashioned Midwest thunderstorms. throughout the day and night.

During a lull in the storms I went over to the cabin and out to the boat lift thinking I might try to get in a quick bit of fishing. Unfortunately, the storms blew out the circuit breaker to the electricity running out to the boat lift, so the electric-motor powered boat lift would not work. I wasn't about to resort to hand-cranking the boat up out of the water should I get caught on the lake when the storm kicked up, so I decide to stay on shore.

I called Todavich Electric and scheduled a time for them to come out and replace the circuit breaker and GFI outlet near the shoreline.

Unfortunately, no fishing today.

No comments: