Saturday, February 07, 2009

June 30, 2008

Finally the winds have died down!

I woke up this morning to relatively light winds of 5-8 mph out of the SSW and a temperature of 74 degrees. An absolutely beautiful day. After breakfast, I packed up a few things for our trip to Minneapolis, we'll leave this afternoon, and then headed out onto the water around 11:00 a.m.

I decided to do some drifting along Second Duck Point. My lure choice today was a Northland Mimic Minnow silver shiner jig head with a golden shiner body. I caught numerous perch, including a couple of nice jumbos, and a very solid 25" northern pike. All fish were caught in 8-12 feet of water, and all were released.

I stayed on the water only a short time, and by 1:00 p.m. was on shore loading up the truck for our trip to Minneapolis. Kathleen and I have been here at our Leech Lake house and cabin for just over a month now all by ourselves. It has been wonderful.

Tomorrow our son Joe and our two dogs arrive, and in a few weeks, our daughter Melissa and our granddaughter Ashley will join us as well. We figure that until sometime in September, maybe even October, it won't be just the two of us again. And that's fine with us. We love our family and look forward to having them here with us at our paradise on Leech Lake.

No comments: