Saturday, February 07, 2009

June 29, 2008

Today is the third straight day of heavy winds and severe thunderstorm warnings. The temperature has gone back up to 70 degrees, but the winds are the strongest they've been in days at 27+mph out of the NW.

I was sitting in the living room looking out at the white caps covering the lake when I saw a particularly large wave lift the stairs on our dock up and out of the water. I watched as wave after wave, after that big one, pounded our dock's stairs until at last the stairs were completely ripped off from the dock! Wow, I've never seen the lake this angry before.

The strong winds and thunderstorms kept up all day. Once again, no fishing. That's four days in a row. And tomorrow, Kathleen and I are driving down to Minneapolis. Our son Joe and our two dogs -- Marco and Elsa -- are flying from San Jose to Minnesota on July 1. If I'm going to get any fishing in it'll have to be in the morning.

No comments: