Saturday, April 25, 2009

September 27, 2008 on Leech Lake

Kathleen and I again spent a good portion of the day painting the game room and garage, and it was a good day to work outside.

The temperature was 68 degrees, the sky was mostly sunny, and the wind was 8-12 mph out of the NW.

After we had finished painting for the day, I took the boat out to do a little panfishing up by the Birches at 5:45 p.m. I took advantage of the wind, letting it push my Lund 1800 IFS from the Birches toward our cabin in 8-12 feet of water. I used an 1/8 oz. Northland Neon-tone Gum-Ball tipped with a Gulp Alive! minnow. I caught several jumbo perch, bluegill and a couple of northern pike.

Around 7:15 p.m. I packed up my rods and reels and headed back to shore. Another glorious time fishing on Leech Lake.

No comments: