Sunday, January 25, 2009

June 19, 2008

We didn't leave St. Cloud until after 4 p.m. today, which meant by the time we got home to Leech Lake it was roughly 7 p.m.

Kathleen and I unloaded the truck, put away the groceries and then had a bite to eat.

Since the winds were calm and the temperature was a very comfortable 70 degrees, I decided to do a little evening trolling.

I hit the 69 degree water at 8:30 p.m. and trolled from Second Duck Point to the Malays several times. As usual, I was using a hot-steel colored Rapala Minnow Rap. With clouds of mosquitoes constantly buzzing around my head I patiently trolled back and forth with little success. I was able to hook one 25" northern pike before calling it quits after two hours of battling the swarms of very pesky mosquitoes.

No comments: