Sunday, January 25, 2009

June 22, 2008

Tonight I started fishing at 8:30 p.m., with the sun still in the sky. Sunset wasn't until 9:18 p.m. with the moon waning at 85%. The air temperature had dropped to a relatively cool 60 degrees, while the water temperature stayed a warm 70 degrees.

I made my usual trolling run from just south of Second Duck Point to just past the Malays cabin. I made several runs through this prime spot in about 8-10 feet of water. I used my favorite lure -- a Rapala Minnow Rap in hot steel. I caught one northern pike pushing 30", another pike just over 20", two nice 16" walleyes and a 22" walleye. I decided to release all fish back into the lake.

I really enjoyed a quiet and beautiful night out on Leech Lake. I watched the sun set, caught a few fish, and around 11:00 p.m. made my way back to shore.

I love fishing on Leech Lake.

No comments: