Sunday, May 03, 2009

2008 Update Complete

Several months ago I embarked on a project to transfer my hand-written fishing journal to the Fishing Leech Lake blog.

Kathleen and I arrived at Leech Lake on May 23, 2008 and departed on November 19, 2008. During our nearly six month stay at the lake, I was able to spend 98 days on the water fishing. I caught 87 walleye myself, and boated more than 200. And every day, I took some time to record the weather and water conditions and any notes from my fishing expeditions.

We had friends and family visit us throughout our stay, and I feel truly blessed to have been able to spend so much time at Leech Lake with my beautiful wife Kathleen. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

With the transfer of my journal complete, I now turn my attention to the present day. Saturday, May 9, marks the start of the 2009 walleye season in Minnesota -- nearly holy day in the state of Minnesota.

I plan to arrive in Bemidji, MN on Tuesday, May 19. After gassing up the truck, I'll pick up the boat from Corner Sports, get some groceries, and then make the 40 mile drive to our Leech Lake house.

My friend Rick is planning a late-May visit from his home in Brisbane, Australia, and at some point in early- to mid-June, Kathleen is likely to join me for a while at the lake. How long I'll stay at Leech Lake this summer is yet to be seen. But my plan is to do daily blog entries while I'm there, and I plan to include as many photos as possible.

I will continue to keep my hand-written fishing journal because I find something reassuring and lasting with something I've written in ink with my own hand. But I will keep the blog more up to date than I did last year.

Stay tuned.

No comments: