Sunday, May 03, 2009

November 19, 2008 -- Time to Leave Leech Lake

The temperature this morning is 28 degrees. The sky is grey and it looks like it will snow today. The wind is out of the north at 10-12 mph.

It's 8:30 a.m. and we're getting ready to leave. Our flight from Bemidji to Minneapolis leaves at 10:50 a.m. Tom and Elaine Malay have graciously agreed to give me and Kathleen a ride to the airport.

Since we don't need to drive our Chevy Silverado to the airport, I put it in the garage, hooked it to a trickle charger to keep the battery fresh, and secured it for the long winter. I also locked up the outbuildings on the property and turned off the water at the house. I turned the thermostat down to 50 degrees in the house and I think we're ready to go.

Tom and Elaine have arrived so I took our luggage out to their Jeep Cherokee. Kathleen gets into the Jeep, I turn on the security system at the house, pull the door shut, lock it, and join Kathleen, Tom and Elaine in the Cherokee. Kathleen and I share a knowing glance -- that we had a great run of time at the lake -- as we drive down the driveway and turn onto W. Shores Rd.

Good bye Leech Lake. I hope to see you sometime during the winter to do some ice fishing.

No fishing today.

No comments: