Saturday, June 06, 2009

May 25, 2009 -- Memorial Day at Leech Lake

The wind today was 10-15 mph from the SE which created a nice chop on the lake, but because of the direction of the wind it was calm and the water flat at the boat lift. The temperature today was a high of 62 degrees and a low of near 40. The water temperature was 61 degrees and the sky was overcast and gray.

Mike, Barb and Sean left for home around 1:30 p.m. with a nice bag of walleye fillets on ice. After they left I decided to do a little fishing. I went out at 3:00 and stayed out only an hour because I wasn't catching any fish while jigging with a live shiner at Second Duck Point and because it started to rain and I wasn't wearing my rain gear.

I made it out onto Leech Lake, although I didn't catch any fish.

No comments: