Saturday, June 06, 2009

May 28, 2009 -- At Leech Lake

Today was a strange day weather wise. The morning sky was overcast and gray, but the winds were relatively light at 5-8 mph out of the south. As the day progressed, the skies cleared to sunny, but the wind picked up to 12-18 mph and shifted to the NW. The lake got very choppy.

The temperature today hit a high of 68 degrees and the low was around 40.

Tom Malay stopped by today with his trailer. We had talked last night while fishing that he would help me load my ATV onto the trailer and then he'd take it into Bemidji Sports on Friday when he and Lainey (his wife) went into town. It was a very nice gesture and I took him up on it.

After Tom left with my ATV in tow, I transplanted a small cedar tree from near the house to near the shoreline by the harbor. Over time, this little cedar tree, along with the cedar tree I transplanted last year, should provide a nice wind block and help stop shoreline erosion.

I did other chores around the properties today included making the beds at the cabin, watered the plants and the newly planted spruce trees and generally cleaned house. At 10:50 p.m., my friend Rick from Brisbane, Australia arrived at the Bemidji airport. By the time we got home it was after midnight.

No fishing on Leech Lake today.

No comments: