Sunday, April 26, 2009

October 1, 2008 on Leech Lake

I went fishing today from noon till 2:30 p.m. The temperature was 55 degrees, the wind was out of the NW at 10-18 mph. The water temperature was 58 degrees.

I started in front of the Birches and drifted toward our cabin. I was using an 1/8 oz. Northland Neon-tone Gum-Ball jig tipped with a Gulp Alive 3" leech. The method brought only one perch to the boat, so I switched tactics.

I pulled out my baitcasting reel, on which is tied a #9 Minnow Rap in hot steel color. My trusty trolling set up. I trolled from Malay's cabin to Second Duck Point and again caught only one perch. With touch up painting needed on the cabin, game room and garage, I decided to call it a day.

Only fair fishing today on Leech Lake. But even fair fishing beats the best day possible stuck inside an office.

No comments: