Sunday, April 26, 2009

October 5, 2008 on Leech Lake

The wind was strong today at 20 mph out of the SE, but I decided to go fishing even though the lake was churning with white caps. The temperature was 60 degrees and the water temperature was 56 degrees.

After maneuvering the boat off the lift and into the waves, I motored the boat south toward Second Duck Point. With a SE wind, that would push the boat in the direction of our house and cabin, and continue to push me toward the Birches.

I used a Northland Neon-tone Gum-Ball jig with a silver spinner blade, tipped with a Gulp minnow. I made several drifts, but caught no fish. I headed back to shore at 3:45 p.m.


Here's Kathleen on the road-side of our house at Leech Lake. The leaves on the trees are starting to change colors.

No comments: