Sunday, April 26, 2009

October 2, 2008 on Leech Lake

The weather is definitely changing as Autumn matures. At first I thought it was just a cold front passing through, but it's clear that the cooler weather is upon us. It is after all early October in the Northwoods of Minnesota.

Today the temperature hit a high of 56 degrees, although early this morning it was in the 30s. The water temperature of Leech Lake, at least in Sucker Bay, is still 57 degrees, so the lake hasn't turned over yet. The wind today was calm to 5 mph from the SW.

I fished from 2:00 p.m. till 6:30 p.m., if you can call sitting in a boat for 4 1/2 hours enjoying the beauty of the lake, while listening to MPR, fishing. I caught no fish whether drifting or trolling. Still, I love being on the water. This is where I belong.

No comments: