Friday, May 01, 2009

October 22, 2008

Today was the day that Kathleen and I were scheduled to fly back to San Jose, but we decided to extend our stay at Leech Lake until November 19.

It was overcast and rainy all day, with a temperature of no more than 40 degrees.

This morning I did one final check of the boat to make sure it was ready to go into storage. With it secure on the trailer, the cover on the boat, the transom saver in place and all straps firmly tied down, I hooked the trailer to the truck. Kathleen and I then drove into Bemidji where I dropped off the boat and trailer at Corner Sports, where they will winterize my boat and then put it in covered storage for the winter.

We then drove on to the small town of Fosston, MN, which is the closest location I could find a Verizon dealer. A few days back I accidently left my cell phone in my pants when they went into the washing machine. I realized it too late, so my phone had been thoroughly soaked and was no longer working. Since I have Verizon service, the best place for me to get a phone was at one of their dealers, so the 45 minute drive to Fosston from Bemidji.

Kathleen and I had a great time together today, just driving in the truck, talking and laughly, and exploring a part of Minnesota we hadn't seen before.

We got back to the lake at 9:00 p.m. No fishing today.


My Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD parked in front of our Leech Lake house.

No comments: