Friday, May 01, 2009

October 28, 2008

A few weeks back my neighbor's boy, and a friend of his, went back onto my wooded property and maliciously cut down three healthy trees -- two basswood and one maple. The boy's parents couldn't have handled the situation better, including part of the boy's punishment -- to chop the felled trees into firewood for me.

This past weekend the boy and his friend spent the better part of an entire day chopping the trees into firewood. Per my instructions, the boys left the chopped wood in two large piles. Today, Tom Malay and I went out and repeatedly loaded the wood into a trailer pulled by his ATV (all-terrain vehicle).

I ended up with 4 or 5 good loads of firewood for the house and cabin, and I gave Tom two big loads of firewood as well.

After our firewood chore was complete, I helped Tom load his 1998 snowmobile onto a trailer so he could take it into Bemidji tomorrow to sell. Apparently Tom found a guy willing to pay $500 for it.

The temperature today was 42 degrees, the sky was sunny and clear blue, and the wind was out of the west at 8-12 mph.

No fishing today.

No comments: